1. Over the length of your career how many manuscripts have you published?
2. Do you use a critique group or Beta readers for feedback?
3. How many agents have you become acquainted with and what were their redeeming characteristics?
4. How do you track your readers to inform them of new books being published?
5. How long were you subsisting on royalties without other employment?
6. What advice do you have for tax records?
7. How has RWA National been of assistance to your career?
8. Of all your characters which is your favorite?
9. Which book are you most proud of?
10. Which publisher was the most helpful with marketing and distribution?
11. Which book is in line to be published next?
12. Do you offer reviews for your fellow writers?
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer – aim for a dozen new people each time.
Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Twitter hashtag is #IWSG